Saturday, August 7, 2010

Melbourne Art Fair 2010

On Thursday, a group of us from work went to the Melbourne Contemporary Art Fair 2010. I probably have more of an interest for illustration than the fine arts but there was some amazing work there. One Australian artist that really stood out for my work mates and myself was that of Del Kathryn Barton - she is amazing!!! The photo doesn't do this extraordinary painting the justice it deserves, as you can't really see the detail in which this artist has gone to. If only I had a few (tens of thousand) dollars to spare - I would have loved to have this picture hanging in my house :) The one below was sold but I still can't stop thinking about it! She had other work there that I unfortunately cannot find a picture of. I would recommend if you are in Melbourne, pop down to Melbourne Contemporary Art Fair but hurry as tomorrow is the last day.

1 comment:

PipPipHooray said...

This is absolutely sublime! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...